7th SUN ORD – “Love your enemies???”
What do I get out of hating my enemies? Of obsessing about them and getting exercised about them? I believe I get –
- A focus for obstreperous energies & feelings
- Relief from personal fears and corporate anxiety
- Distraction from my smallness and impotency to change big things
- Blame some one(s) else for what’s actually bothering me
What do you get out of hating your enemies?
What do I do when an enemy absorbs my attention?
- I inflate my smallness so I feel powerful instead of impotent & strong instead of weak
- I avoid the fundamental vulnerability that is my birthright as a creature of God
- I scapegoat another or others and feel invincible in my ideologically compatible group
- I make another/others pay for personal and corporate hatred of creaturely frailty.
- I reject repentance and conversion by seeing only their need to repent and convert
What do you get out of concentrating on your enemies?
Leave a Reply