Roc Homily – Twenty-Eighth Sunday Ordinary Time 2016
The Ten Lepers & their drama
- Leper = alienated
- Leprous men = capable of betrayal & murder
- They approached him from afar = “from exile” / from alienation
- Samaritan leper was doubly alienated / outcast
- He gave thanks = eucharisteo (Jesus gave thanks for cup & bread at Last Supper)
- The one who was doubly alienated gave thanks in the same way Jesus did = Samaritan leper was doubly ‘returned’ home
- We give thanks at liturgy for the experience of the healing of our alienation & finding a new level of belonging to Christ in the Church.
What’s my next right step to discover the mystery of healing from alienation so that our giving thanks may be saving?
Leave a Reply