Roc Homily – Twenty-Eighth Sunday Ordinary Time 2016
The Ten Lepers & their drama
- Leper = alienated
- Leprous men = capable of betrayal & murder
- They approached him from afar = “from exile” / from alienation
- Samaritan leper was doubly alienated / outcast
- He gave thanks = eucharisteo (Jesus gave thanks for cup & bread at Last Supper)
- The one who was doubly alienated gave thanks in the same way Jesus did = Samaritan leper was doubly ‘returned’ home
- We give thanks at liturgy for the experience of the healing of our alienation & finding a new level of belonging to Christ in the Church.
What’s my next right step to discover the mystery of healing from alienation so that our giving thanks may be saving?